Thursday, March 23, 2006

Video and Exams

I'm not sure about the market for quality films about Paganism, but there's not much out there. We watched a the Discovering Witchcraft DVD put together by the Farrars about 7 years ago, and while it was informative, focussed, topical, and certainly better than Goddess Remembered (put out in the late 80's), it's production and direction was a bit blah (a bit homemovie-ish).

I wonder what it would take to put together an instructional video on the modern state of Paganism today? Hmmmmm... Another project for the backburner.

I was trying to work with a local documentary company to put together a 10-15 minute segment on modern paganism, but trying to pull everyone's schedule together to hold a ritual that would be filmed proved to be our downfall. However, the documentary people are supposed to be contacting me in the coming months to try again in the spring. Besides, a Bealtane ritual in the spring would come off better on film anyways.

The students worked on their exams (don't worry about it folks!) and then we went for a pint to celebrate completing the first part of the course.

Next week, it'll be Esbats, Sabbats, and Cooking!

4 comments:

scarletcougar said...

Excellent! I can be included in the Sabbat cooking. Just assign a Sabbat to me.

Ali P said...

How come OUR class never went out for a pint??? You like the new kids better!!! Waaaaahhhhhhhh

JD Hobbes said...

That's because my first set of students never asked me out for a pint! Y'all seemed in a hurry to get out of there! ;)

Ali P said...

Not me, man! You always chased me out!!! Go home, you'd bellow. Get outta here. sniff..sniff The fact that I detest beer is irrelevant at this juncture. Its the principle of it..the injustice...oooh woe is me........

Nyuk nyuk nyuk